Enable tapping by default

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Mon Nov 24 00:23:04 UTC 2014

On Sun, Nov 23, 2014 at 09:42:39AM +0100, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Nikos Roussos wrote:
> > It's a UX thing, so the Workstation WG seems like the best place to
> > decide this (at least for Gnome).
>
> But the Workstation WG has no decision power over other desktop
> environments, such as KDE, which, incidentally, is what the original poster
> happens to use.
>
> And I insist, IMHO, desktop environments should not be overriding the
> systemwide default here.

FTR, I disagree with this bit here. I think it's perfectly fine for a DE to
change the defaults to what it thinks is best for the out-of-the-box
experience.

Some things like tapping simply have no correct solution that works for
everyone and we have to pick one default. That doesn't mean that
everyone has to follow that default now.

Cheers,
   Peter