Are we rebasing xorg-x11 packages in F20?

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Wed Nov 26 07:56:48 UTC 2014

On Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 10:32:27AM -0500, Adam Jackson wrote:

> want two outputs both named VGA-0.  And caring about the names is
> somewhat futile anyway since what you're usually more concerned with is
> the _monitor_, which is why all sane desktops save configurations based
> on EDIDs not on output names.

/etc/gnome-settings-daemon/xrandr/monitors.xml also uses output names.
So does the kernel when configuring enabled outputs via video= on the
kernel commandline. I would also prefer a command line argument that
allows to enable the output where a display is connected when my system
is docked and the lid is closed, there is no such thing afaik.

Regards
Till