File location

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Sun Jan 4 08:01:54 UTC 2015

On 01/04/2015 07:41 AM, Anshu Prateek wrote:
> hi,
>
> I am working on packaging an upstream (aerospike) which presently puts
>   some of its file in /opt/aerospike.
>
> The two main folders in use (by upstream) are
>
> /opt/aerospike/sys/udf/lua  - This has the user defined lua functions
> shipped with the package.
> /opt/aerospike/usr/udf/  - This will have the user's custom UDFs.
>
> What will be the right place in FHS to put the above two directories
> when packaging for Fedora? Should these go into /usr/share/aerospike or
> some place in /var?

Impossible to tell without having seen the sources and without knowing
the contents. /usr/share/<package>, /usr/lib/<package>,
/usr/{lib,lib64}/<package> would seem likely candidates.

Packages installing to /opt are not allowed in Fedora. In most cases,
such packages are simply incorrectly configured.

Ralf