Ramblings and questions regarding Fedora, but stemming from gnome-software and desktop environments

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 05:25:36 UTC 2015

Hi

On Mon, Jan 5, 2015 at 12:18 AM, Chris Murphy  wrote:

> So what exactly is the problem the target audience has? They want
> GNOME Packages to be included again by default so they have both an
> application GUI installer, and a packages GUI installer?

That is potentially one way to address it.  I think it is somewhat
confusing to have two different interfaces for dealing with software and it
also means that the additional metadata included in GNOME Software won't be
available for command line utilities but it might be a marginal improvement
over not having any UI at all for the rest of the packages.

Rahul