Blacklisting of Indian xkb layouts

Mike FABIAN mfabian at redhat.com
Wed Jan 7 06:17:38 UTC 2015

Vratislav Podzimek <vpodzime at redhat.com> さんはかきました:

> On Wed, 2014-12-10 at 02:24 -0500, Anish Patil wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> We have xkb layouts and m17n input methods to type Indian languages
>> and both gets installed on GNOME by default. So it always creates
>> confusion for uses that which are input methods and xkb
>> layouts. However with xkb layouts one can't write conjuncts or
>> complex characters.
>> So it would be nice to have include m17n based input methods only,
>> we discussed it over IRC and its log can be found on
>> https://fedorahosted.org/i18n/ticket/36
>>
>> Please let us know if anyone has better thoughts.
> I'd just like to mention that Anaconda doesn't use input methods so far
> so we would need to keep the xkb layouts available and installed to the
> installation images.

If the Indian layouts are moved from

    /usr/share/X11/xkb/rules/{evdev,base}.xml

    /usr/share/X11/xkb/rules/{evdev,base}.extras.xml

they are still available for Anaconda, only the
“gnome-control-center region” does not show them anymore by default,
right?

--
Mike FABIAN <mfabian at redhat.com>
☏ Office: +49-69-365051027, internal 8875027