Summary/Minutes from today's FESCo Meeting (2015-01-07)

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Thu Jan 8 09:56:38 UTC 2015

Hi,

Dne 7.1.2015 v 21:14 Stephen Gallagher napsal(a):

 > * #1379 F22 System Wide Change: Change xorg input stack to use libinput
 >  - https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/LibinputForXorg  (sgallagh,
 >   19:51:28)
 >   * AGREED: Approved with two caveats: 1) Both GNOME and KDE must be
 >     updated by the contingency date or it goes into effect and 2) the
 >     contingency plan should note that it will may require reverting
 >     changes to the control panels as well. (+7, 0, -0)  (sgallagh,
 >     19:57:46)

Thanks!

WRT to the 2 caveats:

1) As mentioned in the feature page KDE does not need any changes since
its mouse settings panel does not talk directly to low level Xorg drivers.

2) The GNOME control panel changes are already done in such a matter
that things will keep working with the old xorg-x11-drv-evdev +
xorg-x11-drv-synaptics combo, both for other distrosm, as well as some
users want to do a manual fallback to the old combo.

So I think both are already covered, if not let me know.

Regards,

Hans