Deleting f20-gnome-3-12 copr

Felix Schwarz fschwarz at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jan 8 11:30:08 UTC 2015

Am 08.01.2015 um 00:17 schrieb Rahul Sundaram:
> That is kind of a basic requirement.  We need to do more.  We need to inform
> people when their release is going EOL and we also need to automatically
> prompt users to upgrade whenever there is a new release (ie) some  integration
> between GNOME Software/Apper and Fedup

Maybe this is part of a bigger theme (e.g. "improve packager <-> user connection"?

For example AFAIK users don't get any explanation if one of their installed
packages got orphaned in Fedora when upgrading.

While this isn't such a big deal with Fedora ("Core") where we have frequent
releases this seems to be even more important for EPEL. I think by now it's
pretty clear that the community is unable maintain some package versions for
full length of a RH release cycle which leads to random/unpredictable major
version upgrades or just completely outdated versions (which are not supported
by upstream anymore, thus security issues might not be handled properly).

So having a way for packagers to communicate with actual Fedora users would be
a great thing. Obviously due to the more temporary(?) nature of COPR repos
these seem to hit similar problems.

Felix