KDE via startx locks up before startup completes

Sandro Mani manisandro at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 23:03:30 UTC 2015

On 09.01.2015 23:46, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> FYI, it's kinda pointless to test the KDE Plasma currently in Rawhide/F22,
> as the Plasma 5 import is coming very soon.
I regularly see Qt5 applications crashing when changing resolution /
changing monitor setup (in particular when docking the laptop and
disabling the integrated display and activating an external one), some
relevant upstream reports (which no recent activity) are [1] and [2].
Any chance of verifying that this won't cause the entire desktop to
crash with Plasma 5? That would be pretty unpleasant.

Thanks,
Sandro

[1] https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-32973
[2] https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-38326