A little problem with dnf

Jan Zelený jzeleny at redhat.com
Mon Jan 12 08:27:14 UTC 2015

On 11. 1. 2015 at 20:40:56, Adrian Soliard wrote:
> Hi everyone!
>    I'm struggling a bit with dnf. It may have advantages, but as an
> end-user, I'm fighting with the list of packages when I press TAB.
> It's complicated, if I forget to install a specific package, dnf
> wouldn't show it to me, yum do it [1].
>
> I know that dnf is newer, and surely will improve, I'm just writing to
> let seated such problem.
>
> [1] http://asoliard.fedorapeople.org/dnf.png

What happens when you press "y"? Does it show you the completions then? I have
just tried it and the list seems to be correct to me - it's just quite long
because there are many packages starting with "eclipse"

In any case if you think there is something wrong with dnf, we encourage you
to file a bug but this doesn't seem to be the case.

Thanks
Jan