Hundreds of bugzilla mails on one day

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Mon Jan 12 11:01:30 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----
> It has happened again. :-/
>
> | This message is a notice that Fedora 19 is now at end of life. Fedora
> | has stopped maintaining and issuing updates for Fedora 19. It is
> | Fedora's policy to close all bug reports from releases that are no
> | longer maintained.
> |
> | [...]
>
> As I found it odd, that again I would receive so many bz mails for old
> tickets, initially I had started taking a look at some, but there are too
> many packaging issues where the packagers don't respond because they
> dislike Fedora's packaging guidelines.
>
> It's not managable for me to revisit them all. I also cannot jump in and
> take over work, such as resolving implicit conflicts between packages.

Yes, it's not manageable to revisit all of the bugs I'm sending warning/
EOL them. I usually try to take a look what's in the queue but this time
it was 7368 bugs... On the other hand, it's good thing we take
responsibility and say we can't fix everything compared to never ever
touched-not-closed bugs in some other projects. This spam is the last
try to get some attention to these bugs.

Jaroslav