F22 System Wide Change: RpmOstree - Server side composes and atomic upgrades

Josh Boyer jwboyer at fedoraproject.org
Tue Jan 13 20:50:09 UTC 2015

On Tue, Jan 13, 2015 at 3:27 PM, Miloslav Trmač <mitr at redhat.com> wrote:
>> Jaroslav, there is a lot more information on the actual wiki page.
>> Like the fact that this is only for particular opt-in new installs and
>> that yum/dnf/RPM can only operate in read-only mode on such installs.
>> Could you resend this with the entirety of the text?  It might lead to
>> fewer questions.
>
> This is being sent to devel-announce, so should not overwhelm people who are not interested.  That’s why it includes the basic description (to let you decide whether you are interested) and the Scope section (to let you check whether this will, through the “Other developers” bullet point, place demands on you).  It is somewhat important that everybody reads these parts; wouldn’t including the full page drown these parts out?

No.  People can stop reading wherever they'd like.  Omitting relevant
information from the actual Change page makes it rather difficult to
_discuss_ the Change on the devel list, which is the main reason they
are sent.  Doing the discussion on the wiki is terrible.  I would much
rather be able to quote the sections via email.

josh