Remove gcc, gcc-c++ and make from minimal build root

Miroslav Suchý msuchy at redhat.com
Wed Jan 14 13:57:59 UTC 2015

On 01/13/2015 06:01 PM, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
> that all being said. koji doesn't use any caching and will not use the
> lvm plugin. we make every buildroot from scratch using a fully clean
> environment to help with ensuring reproducability.

You can cache and still preserve reproducability. What I'm planning for Copr is to do (every week/month)
  for chroot in fedora-20-x86_64 fedora-21_86_64 ... ; do
    mock --init $chroot
  done
take snapshot of that. I plan to do that on VM level.
And when new task come, I will just restore from that snapshot. And mock will start with already populated cache. So I
will have better caching and yet reproducability.

--
Miroslav Suchy, RHCE, RHCDS