Remove gcc, gcc-c++ and make from minimal build root

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Thu Jan 15 11:20:41 UTC 2015

On 01/14/2015 03:10 AM, Orion Poplawski wrote:
> On 01/12/2015 06:08 AM, Vít Ondruch wrote:
>> Dear Fedora developers,
>>
>> I'd like to collect some feedback about the $SUBJECT, i.e. making
>> minimal build root really minimal, explicitly specifying build
>> dependencies, etc.
>>

> Would it be technically feasible to have a different buildroot for arch
> and noarch packages?
What would this be useful for?

noarch-packages have dependencies on arch'ed packages (thus may trigger
bugs inside of these packages), may generated arched files (because of
packaging bugs) etc. pp.

>  I.e. a buildsys-build-noarch group?
IMO, this is technically equivalent to building on one specific
architecture, with the same pros and cons.

I.e. IMO all this would add is complexity.

Ralf