amending the new package process

Matthias Runge mrunge at matthias-runge.de
Wed Jan 21 11:15:29 UTC 2015

On 21/01/15 11:49, Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos wrote:

> I don't have a solution to bring extra resources to reviewing (which
> will be the ideal), but I'd like to propose an amendment to allow
> bringing packages even if no reviewers are available (the typical case).
>
> Step 6: ... If the proposed package is not reviewed for 2 months, the
> package must be reviewed by the submitter, and a git module with the
> master branch will be approved.

Ugh,

thank you for trying to address our way-too-long review queue.

I agree, the submitter should review their own submission, but this
review should be ideally done before sending a package up for review
through a second pair of eyes.

Let's make an example, a submitter puts up a review containing
copyrighted material; this should be caught during review process. Due
the submitter will think, everything is alright, he will check that
material into SCM and we'll start distributing that.

Matthias