amending the new package process

Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek zbyszek at in.waw.pl
Thu Jan 22 14:17:46 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jan 22, 2015 at 03:08:28PM +0100, Mathieu Bridon wrote:
> On Thu, 2015-01-22 at 14:49 +0100, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek wrote:
> > Unfortunately review swaps don't work for new packagers, before they are
> > sponsored. They are encouraged to do informal reviews, but those reviews
> > don't carry formal weight. I propose to change this, and allow non-sponsored
> > packagers to do formal reviews, except that an actual packager with review
> > rights has to ack the review.
>
> This is exactly what informal reviews are.
I have never seen it work like that. If it wasn't clear, I think the
(official) packager should be able to just say: I approve this review.
If the review is bothed, the onus should fall on both parties. Currently
the (offical) packager takes all the responsibility.

And the review should be assigned to the sponsoree (in the sense of
the Assigned To field in bugzilla) to make it more formal and easier
to search for.

Zbyszek