Bodhi policy for pushing updates to stable

Adam Williamson adamwill at fedoraproject.org
Sat Jan 24 22:20:28 UTC 2015

On Sat, 2015-01-24 at 16:11 -0600, Dennis Gilmore wrote:

> > With a change along those lines, I think we could plausibly look
> > at hard enforcement of the upgrade path, and it would be a good
> > improvement. It may be necessary to have *some* kind of override
> > mechanism for the case where we have a major security issue we
> > really need to fix in stable ASAP, and karma for Branched is
> > lagging behind.
>
> There should be a good way to have enforcement. It will take extra
> thought. knowing where we are in the release process can let us
> check against different repos. Final Freeze is the tricky bit and
> perhaps we just push stable updates and cherry pick in fixes.

Hum, good points earlier on.

So thinking this through again...the bit I forgot to mention - the
reason why 'updates' matters - is that on fedup to Branched, updates-
testing is (usually) not used, because fedup takes its repo set from
the release being upgraded from. I don't know if it'd be practical to
change that, or if we should just look at the distro-sync mode as the
'solution'. It'd be good to get Will's thoughts.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey