adding new driver to kernel src and building rpm

Adam Williamson adamwill at fedoraproject.org
Sun Jan 25 17:30:44 UTC 2015

On Sun, 2015-01-25 at 14:00 +0000, Amadeus W.M. wrote:
> Thanks for the answer, please see below.

> which checks that ALL *.config files in the kernel tree have empty
> .newoptions.
> Of course, none do, except for the x86_64 ones.

You are required to have a specific choice for all relevant config
options for each arch. This driver is setup such that its available on
all arches, so you need to explicitly choose not to build it on other
arches if you don't want to. You could do that by putting:

# CONFIG_VIDEO_SMI2021 is not set

in config-generic. Then it'd get overridden for x86_64 by the =m entry
in config-x86_64-generic .

Maybe there's a smarter way to do all this than hand editing, I dunno,
but that's how I do it...
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey