F22 System Wide Change: Default Local DNS Resolver

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Mon Jan 26 00:11:31 UTC 2015

On Tue, 13 Jan 2015, Neal Becker wrote:

> Just tried it on f21.  Did:
> sudo systemctl enable dnssec-triggerd.service
> sudo systemctl start dnssec-triggerd.service
>
> host slashdot.org:
> [ works fine ]
>
> Now a local machine:
>
> host nbecker7

btw use dig, not host. host has been deprecated for many years. dig can
give you much more debugging informatin.

I think this is the "dnssec-trigger is not installing search domain"
bug. I think Pavel pushed a fix for that a few days ago.

> host nbecker7.hughes.com
> Host nbecker7.hughes.com not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)

That seems to be the correct answer? Are you running split-DNS ?

If wired in, dnssec-trigger should forward all queries to route
via your local nameserver, provided it is modern enough to do
DNSSEC. If you run a dnssec trigger "probe" and check "Probe
results" what do you get?

> I'm guessing I need to manually configure /etc/unbound/unbound.conf?

You shouldn't need to.

> No clue why behavior changed after unplug/replug enet cable.
>
> I did NOT try logout/login or reboot.

Did unbound get started at all then?

Paul