[Guielines Change] Changes to the packaging guidelines

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 04:10:31 UTC 2015

On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 9:03 PM, Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs at math.uh.edu>
wrote:

> %license must be used in place of %doc to designate any file containing
> the license information for a package. See
>   https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Guidelines#Documentation and
>   https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:LicensingGuidelines

Is this retroactive on all supported versions of Fedora? 20+? What about
EPEL 5, 6, 7?

> Added information on dealing with unversioned shared libraries:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Guidelines#Downstream_.so_name_versioning

It's neat to see reference to abi-compliance-checker (hint, I maintain it!)
but the link just points to the package. While it's not necessarily
difficult to use, I wouldn't quite call it intuitive either.

Should some basic steps be added there? Or perhaps a link to another wiki
page?

Thanks,
Richard