Taskotron misses dropped subpackages

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 22:31:44 UTC 2015

On Wed, 21 Jan 2015 05:50:35 -0500 (EST), Kamil Paral wrote:

> > Taskotron doesn't notice if subpackages have been dropped and cause
> > unresolvable dependencies because they are not obsoleted anywhere.
>
> Yes, depcheck doesn't currently handle that. I've created:
> https://phab.qadevel.cloud.fedoraproject.org/T384

An example for "disbeliever" Tim: ;-)

jogl2-javadoc-2.0.2-1.fc21.noarch.rpm

  Requires: jogl2 = 2.0.2-1.fc21

=> You cannot upgrade to the newer jogl2, if jogl2-javadoc is installed already.

$ yum list jogl2\*
[...]
Available Packages
jogl2.x86_64                            2.2.4-3.fc21                     updates
jogl2-doc.noarch                        2.2.4-3.fc21                     updates
jogl2-javadoc.noarch                    2.0.2-1.fc21                     fedora

Note that there are worse examples (e.g. plugins/extensions packages with
the strict dependency being an automatic one on a lib soname).