Koji build failure: noarch vs. arch?

Jerry James loganjerry at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 16:47:52 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jan 29, 2015 at 9:36 PM, T.C. Hollingsworth
<tchollingsworth at gmail.com> wrote:
> createSRPMfromSCM operations are always noarch and can performed on
> any primary architecture.
>
> In general, you should always use %{?foo} syntax for anything that
> will be parsed at createSRPMfromSCM time (e.g. in %if conditionals and
> anything above %prep), unless of course it is defined with %global in
> your spec file.  There's a lot of stuff that's missing during SRPM
> creation time...

Thanks, but there is nothing wrong with the conditional.  That
particular conditional is used [1] in lots [2] of [3] spec [4] files
[5], and worked the last time I built this package.  The problem here
is that *something* is erroneously concluding that the package I am
trying to build is noarch.  It isn't.  It has a noarch subpackage, but
the package itself is archful.  What is the something that is coming
to this wrong conclusion?