Yum-utils and DNF

Michael Catanzaro mcatanzaro at gnome.org
Mon Mar 2 18:37:26 UTC 2015

On Mon, Mar 2, 2015 at 7:55 AM, Michael Mraka
<michael.mraka at redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi developers,
>
> I'm trying to finish port of yum-utils scritps to DNF

Hi, thanks for working on this.

One request: when you get to debuginfo-install, can you please change
it to not disable the debuginfo repository when it's done? Currently
PackageKit leaves old debuginfo packages unchanged when it updates the
packages they correspond to, which is annoying, and ABRT does not seem
to do so either, which is not fun for anyone. That's "by design" since
debuginfo-install leaves the debuginfo repository disabled, and of
course PackageKit isn't going to look for updates from a repo that's
disabled.

An alternative would be to enable this repository by default. I guess
it's currently disabled by default to make yum go faster, but that
mostly makes sense for those who don't have any debuginfo installed.

Michael