Harden_all_packages_with_position-independent_code + guile modules

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Thu Mar 12 18:10:23 UTC 2015

On 03/12/2015 06:14 PM, Till Maas wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 12, 2015 at 02:49:03PM +0000, Tom Hughes wrote:
>
>> On top of which there seems, despite a number of questions posted here since
>> the change went live, very little assistance from the proposal owners with
>> fixing packages that have been broken by it.

The feature owner should have performed a mass rebuilt prior to pushing
this "feature" into the wild. I don't recall such thing to have happened.

> I do not see much value in repeating responses if others have already
> figured something out. So to workaround build failures because of it for
> individual packages is to disable the flags for the respective package.
For this to be applicable, you have to know that "hardening" is the
actual cause - Provided the shape rawhide currently is in, this often
does not apply.

Ralf