DNF and mock

Mikolaj Izdebski mizdebsk at redhat.com
Mon Mar 16 05:43:29 UTC 2015

> On Thu, 22 Jan 2015 15:15:48 +0100, Miroslav Suchý wrote:
>
>> I just spoke with two members of DNF team about default usage of DNF in mock. I would like to share outcomes of this
>> meeting.
>>
>> First I would like to state that you can already optionally use DNF in your mock by setting:
>>   config_opts['package_manager'] = 'dnf'
>
> I've switched back to Yum for now.
>
>> I expect that we will be building Fedora 22- always by yum due to short Fedora life cycle. Yum will be still present in
>> Fedora 24 for sure.
>
> Is DNF within Mock a fully compatible replacement for Yum yet?
> It seems builds take much longer now since something's downloading
> (or redownloading?) lots of data for each build job before setting
> up the buildroot. I don't have much time to look into it, bug shouldn't
> Mock's buildroot cache files be fresh enough to avoid redownloading
> packages, for example?

Redownloading packages is DNF default setting [1], which you can adjust
in mock config. I personally use caching proxy to avoid this problem and
share packages between multiple chroots.

[1] http://dnf.readthedocs.org/en/latest/conf_ref.html#keepcache-label

--
Mikolaj Izdebski
Software Engineer, Red Hat