F22 Self Contained Change: Disabled Repositories Support

Stephen Gallagher sgallagh at redhat.com
Mon Mar 16 15:57:15 UTC 2015

On Mon, 2015-03-16 at 16:22 +0100, Sergio Pascual wrote:

> > = Proposed Self Contained Change: Disabled Repositories Support =
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/DisabledRepoSupport
> >
> "Disabled Repositories Support" sounds better than "Help People
> Install Non-Free Software in Fedora", but the result is the same.
>
> Personally, I don't like it
That's not all it is potentially usable for. For example, at last
Wednesday's FESCo meeting, we gave GNOME Software permission to use
this functionality to point at a curated set of COPR repositories.
These are all free software, just with a lower standard of packaging.
That's a perfectly sound use of this feature, I would say.