ImageMagick update to 6.9.0-9. So-name bump: libMagick++-6.Q16.so.3 -> libMagick++-6.Q16.so.6

Pavel Alexeev forum at hubbitus.com.ru
Mon Mar 16 18:02:25 UTC 2015

15.03.2015 16:57, Michael Schwendt пишет:
> On Tue, 10 Mar 2015 14:49:28 +0100, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
>
>> Right now, many issues/problems are interacting and affecting packages
>> simultanously, which occasionally render fixing these issues quite
>> complicated.
>>
>> So far I've hit:
>> - GCC-5.0
>> - "Hardening"
>> - boost upgrade
>> - ImageMagick
>> - autotool upgrade.
>>
>> Openly said, the situation on f23 is a mess.
> Agreed. People run into failed builds, find out that a lib needs a rebuild
> because of GCC C++ ABI issues. After the rebuild, runtime linking fails for
> other dependencies, and they need a rebuild, too. This is non-trivial (and
> dangerous) for larger dep-chains in the distribution. I'm also not sure how
> many packagers even run Rawhide instead of F22 testing.
The main question should it be done in such manner? May be it have worth
run at least off-tree (without commits and versions bump) mass rebuild?
It allow estimate amount of broken packages and see dependencies. Do we
have resources to do so?

--
With best wishes, Pavel Alexeev (aka Pahan-Hubbitus). For fast contact
with me use jabber: Hubbitus at jabber.ru