glibc fix to allow instlangs to really work -- too late for f22?

Siddhesh Poyarekar siddhesh at redhat.com
Wed Mar 18 12:22:10 UTC 2015

On Wed, Mar 18, 2015 at 11:53:50AM +0000, Peter Robinson wrote:
> > In the cloud and docker images, we've been carrying horribly hacks
> > (really, horrible) to strip this out ofter the fact. The new fix would
> > let us get the same effect the right way. I'm told that this is a
> > low-risk change and does not affect the rest of glibc. So, the question
> > -- I guess mostly for FESCo, but in general -- is: should we get this
> > in before the beta, or should it wait for F23?
>
> How long has it been in F-23?

About a week and we found some rpm build dependency issues that we
fixed yesterday.  The patch is fairly non-intrusive, so if it breaks
too much, we can revert it fairly easily.  Also, it only touches the
locale-archive generation code which is Fedora-only and does not
affect any functionality provided by the library itself.

Siddhesh