ad: Something in Rawhide spams SELinux or audit messages to every terminal

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Fri Mar 20 15:05:49 UTC 2015

On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 03:35:37PM +0100, Tomas Heinrich wrote:
> Spamming shells was traditionally the domain of syslogd. In
> /etc/rsyslog.conf, there's this line:
>
> *.emerg :omusrmsg:*

Yup, that exists.

Note I've not changed /etc/rsyslog.conf from the default configuration.

> You can try commenting it out and see if that helps.

Yes, commenting that line out and restarting rsyslog makes
the problem go away.  But ...

> You can also try to check journalctl for messages with syslog
> severity of "emerg" and see where they're comming from and why.

... according to `journalctl -b 0 -p 0' there are no emerg-level
messages at all in the current boot session.

So it's something in between systemd-journal & rsyslog?

Rich.