F23 System Wide Change: Mono 4

Marcin Juszkiewicz mjuszkiewicz at redhat.com
Tue May 12 12:10:31 UTC 2015

W dniu 12.05.2015 o 13:42, Timotheus Pokorra pisze:

>> as Mono 4 adds support for the ppc64le architecture (and aarch64
>> support was probably added earlier), we (the Secondary arches team)
>> would like to see a full bootstrap and subsequent update of %mono_arches
>>
>> For any questions regarding secondary arches, please don't hesitate to
>> contact us.
>
> I have to admit it is quite beyond our abilities to support other architectures.
> Is that something we can try on copr?

I think that copr supports only x86(-64). There were plans for other
architectures but do not know how it went.

But if you publish information which packages needs to be built, which
order/flags then I think that we (secondary archs developers) can help
you with migration on out platforms.

> Really, at the moment Mono 2.10 is so outdated, our first aim is to
> get Mono 4 into Fedora, for i386 and x86_64.
> If other people are interested in more architectures than what copr
> supports, they are welcome to join the effort.

Would be great to get bootstrap synchronized for all platforms to avoid
situation where Mono 4 will get fully built in rawhide on i386 and
x86-64 but will require extra uploads to repeat it for secondary archs.