F23 System Wide Change: Mono 4

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Mon May 18 08:35:29 UTC 2015

On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 12:42 PM, Timotheus Pokorra
<timotheus.pokorra at solidcharity.com> wrote:
> Hello Dan,
>
> I was made aware on IRC, that Claudio or myself should answer this question.
>
>> as Mono 4 adds support for the ppc64le architecture (and aarch64
>> support was probably added earlier), we (the Secondary arches team)
>> would like to see a full bootstrap and subsequent update of %mono_arches
>>
>> For any questions regarding secondary arches, please don't hesitate to
>> contact us.
>
> I have to admit it is quite beyond our abilities to support other architectures.
> Is that something we can try on copr?
> Really, at the moment Mono 2.10 is so outdated, our first aim is to
> get Mono 4 into Fedora, for i386 and x86_64.
> If other people are interested in more architectures than what copr
> supports, they are welcome to join the effort.

You need to support ARMv7 as it's a primary architecture and is
supported by mono. You need to provide support for other secondary
architectures to ensure they can support mono. I'm the secondary
architecture lead and can assist with this where necessary, please
reach out to me for assistance.

> Just looking at https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Architectures.
> So ARM is primary architecture, I guess we need someone to make sure
> Mono runs there too.

Yes, you do :-)