Getting changes from new RC builds to previous ones

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Fri May 22 14:10:42 UTC 2015

On Fri, 22 May 2015 15:55:34 +0530
Sumit Bhardwaj <sumitkbhardwaj at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey Parag / Everybody,
>
> RC3 has also been released however, I haven't got a single update yet
> post installation of RC1. If I am not wrong, TC and RC builds are
> composed from Fedora stable repo. So if packages are being added to
> this repo before composing the RC builds, how come these updates are
> not getting pushed to me? Just curious.

RC/TC composes also optionally pull in updates that are supposed to fix
blocker or freeze exception bugs. This is an internal repo to the
compose (called bleed). So, it's quite possible for RC's and TCs to
have some small amount of newer packages that are not yet stable.

That said, a number of those were pushed stable yesterday, so are in
todays compose and you should see them as updates.

If RC3 ends up being the final rc, we would push those last few things
used in it stable before closing the base tree for release.

Hope that clarifies.

kevin