New content (Was: Re: Reminder: Fedora 20 end of life on 2015-06-23)

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Wed May 27 21:12:00 UTC 2015

On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 10:51:37PM +0300, Antti Järvinen wrote:
> May is ending soon,
> 4 months to go before October. Say, if I have a new package in package

Yep — time goes fast! The F23 schedule is at
<https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/23/Schedule>.

> review in hopes of finding a sponsor for the package, it is obviously
> already too late to get included in F22 - with 4 months timeframe and
> good quality sw in hand, would it sound realistical to have a package to go
> trough all required steps in order to get included in release in Oct?

It depends how invasive it is. If it's just adding a package that
doesn't disturb other things and is relatively uncontroversial, that
can actually be added all the way up through the final freeze,
currently set for October 13. But also, for additions, it's possible to
add that same package as an update to F22 and even F21 (since F20 is in
the last-month-til-end-of-life, no new packages for it). And similarly,
if you miss the F23 freeze, it won't be included in the main repo (or
make our publicity blitz if it's something the marketing team wants to
focus on) but can ship as a "zero day" update. Hopefully it won't take
that long for your package, though.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>