Including tlp in Fedora Workstation by default

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Thu May 28 10:16:03 UTC 2015

On 28 May 2015 at 10:45, Nadim Kobeissi <nadim at nadim.computer> wrote:
> I would like to suggest that tlp [0] be included with Fedora Workstation by
> default, starting with Fedora 23.

Why can't we just use the correct defaults? Having a "configure all
the things" version of powertop isn't going to help anybody but the
power users. This stuff should just work out of the box. There are
lots of reasons why some things like USB autosuspend are not enabled
by default (sound cards clicking) and ALPM on some chipsets is
disabled (risk of disk corruption) and I'd much rather fix the bugs in
the kernel than add a whole heap of userspace config options. Seeing
options for the CPU scaling governor and CPU undervolting really
doesn't make me feel great about this new package installed by
default.

Richard