ddclient Sponsorship

Momcilo Medic medicmomcilo at gmail.com
Sun May 31 21:34:54 UTC 2015

Hi friends!

I am trying to get into packaging and now I have the perfect
opportunity to adopt a package - ddclient.

I know that a lot of us, that cannot afford static IP addresses but
like to tinker with home servers and new technology, really love this
little piece of software.

Now, the situation here is a bit tricky as the package is not (quite)
orphaned (and I would like it to stay that way) so I cannot adopt it;
and its owner doesn't want to maintain it anymore, so I cannot co
-maintain. To make it even worse, even if he wanted to sponsor me as a
"co-maintainer", he is not a sponsor :)

Can someone point me in the right direction to start packaging this
program. I read and understood wiki pages about packaging, naming,
licensing, responsibilities, ... I have built a lot of rpms for my own
purposes and have one package ready for review on rpmfusion; so I am
not completely clueless here :)

Thank you for your guidance!

--
Kind regards,