Resources for upstream testing?

Dave Love d.love at liverpool.ac.uk
Thu Sep 3 16:45:35 UTC 2015

Dave Johansen <davejohansen at gmail.com> writes:

>> We do have docker images that can be used [0] - but we currently don't
>> have a user friendly way to find them. You currently have to look
>> through koji to find them [1].
>>
>> Hope this helps!
>>
>> [0]
>>
>> https://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org//work/tasks/7896/10927896/Fedora-Docker-Base-rawhide-20150902.x86_64.tar.xz
>> [1]
>>
>> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/tasks?start=0&state=all&view=tree&method=image&order=-id
>>

> Can these be used in a manner similar to mock for building/testing packages
> (i.e. install packages, do builds, run tests, etc)? If so, are there any
> instructions on how to get an instance setup and start using it?
>
> Thanks,
> Dave

For what it's worth, you can use vagrant with the
kaorimatz/fedora-rawhide-x86_64 box.  A search on the hashicorp atlas
finds it.

In case you run something Debian-ish, mock is actually available in some
version, but doesn't get properly set up on installation (see bug
reports) and I don't know if it would work any better than mock on el6
does for a rawhide root...