how to set/unset env variables in spec file

arnaud gaboury arnaud.gaboury at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 15:04:58 UTC 2015

On Tue, Sep 8, 2015 at 4:47 PM, Jonathan Underwood
<jonathan.underwood at gmail.com> wrote:
> I see what you're trying to do is build a package using the intel
> compiler suite rather than the usual gcc toolchain.
Exactly. And this is not an easy affair, especially as it is my first
rpmbuild. I can build the package from source with MKL and ICC, but I
would be happier to have a clean .rpm file to install.

 A few years ago I
> needed to do that for packaging molpro locally, so I am attaching that
> spec file which may give you some hints on how to go about it. Bare in
> mind that I haven't thought about this for a few years, so probably
> won't be able to answer any questions on it, but it might start you
> off in the right direction.

I will have a close look at your spec file. The point I am fighting
with is where/how to tell make to find the right stuff.
(ld_library_path, ld_flags, cxxflags etc)

Thank you for your help.