Proposal to reduce anti-bundling requirements

Miroslav Suchý msuchy at redhat.com
Fri Sep 11 11:31:11 UTC 2015

Dne 10.9.2015 v 15:53 Stephen Gallagher napsal(a):
> If they can't get
> that software from Fedora, they *will* get it from another source (or
> use a different OS that doesn't get in their way).

Sadly true.
Therefore +1 from me to record the positive feedback.

I have one example in my head [1] where discussion about bundled code last 1.5 years (!), upstream reject to change
(despite the offered patch), FPC rejected to grant exception, which effectively blocked application (OBS) to get into
Fedora.

However I'm happy to put into guidelines that there can not be bundled libraries in Ring-0 (whatever it will be).

The world is bigger than Fedora, we could not educate everyone. We can (and should) be strict for the core parts, but we
should be more relaxed for the outer ring.

[1] https://fedorahosted.org/fpc/ticket/325
--
Miroslav Suchy, RHCA