Proposal to reduce anti-bundling requirements

Josh Boyer jwboyer at fedoraproject.org
Fri Sep 11 18:08:26 UTC 2015

On Fri, Sep 11, 2015 at 2:02 PM, Adam Williamson
<adamwill at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 2015-09-11 at 11:51 -0400, Bill Nottingham wrote:
>> To allow or not allow bundling is the small side point here - the
>> questions
>> should be more of "Are we a distribution of packages?  Are we an OS?
>>   Where
>> do we see the distribution/OS fit in how software is consumed and
>> provided?
>> Is that different for a Workstation vs an Atomic host?" Answer those
>> big
>> questions, and the questions on what to do along Ring0->RingN, what
>> bundling
>> to allow, etc. should fall out.
>
> Absolutely this. Can you please stand for election to something again?
> :)

Why?  So he can be rendered less productive by attending meetings and
dealing with distractions?

Seriously, the questions Bill is asking do not need to be answered by
some elected person/position.  They need to be answered by the people
DOing the work and I'm fairly skeptical that running for a Fedora
committee is going to somehow increase the amount of work a person can
do on a specific item.

Put another way, there are a already a number of committees that those
answers could come from or through and it does not require membership
in any of them to submit proposals.  It doesn't require membership in
any committee.

(Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have Bill back in a variety of ways.
I just don't think getting elected is going to actually help.)

josh