Proposal to reduce anti-bundling requirements

Sérgio Basto sergio at serjux.com
Sun Sep 13 14:05:52 UTC 2015

On Sex, 2015-09-11 at 22:41 +0000, Jóhann B. Guðmundsson wrote:

> On 09/11/2015 09:09 PM, Orion Poplawski wrote:
> > What does Fedora users gain with "dnf
> > install rails" or "dnf install ipython" versus "gem install rails" and "pip
> > install ipython"?
>
> This indeed is very good question.

I don't think so , if foo package have a security hole , dnf update will
have an update when pip or gem install don't .
Other big reason is if you need foo package to build foo2 package ,
system doesn't know the existence of foo package with pip or gem ,
neither can force the installation of it when is in a another system.

--
Sérgio M. B.