Orphaned packages available for new point of contact

Kalev Lember kalevlember at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 12:25:45 UTC 2015

On 09/14/2015 08:28 AM, Thomas Spura wrote:
> Kalev Lember <kalevlember at gmail.com <mailto:kalevlember at gmail.com>>
> schrieb am So., 13. Sep. 2015 um 13:37 Uhr:
>
>     On 09/09/2015 10:10 PM, Thomas Spura wrote:
>     > I retired ScientificPython as it does require an older numpy and
>     doesn't
>     > build anytime soon with the current numpy and will be FTBFS for a
>     longer
>     > time [1].
>
>     How did you retire it? It doesn't appear to be blocked in koji for some
>     reason and ScientificPython is still showing up in the daily broken deps
>     reports.
>

> I used 'fedpkg retire' and it seems to have worked in pkgdb at least.
> I don't understand why f21 shows up in rawhide though:
> $ koji list-pkgs  --show-blocked --package ScientificPython --tag rawhide
> Package                 Tag                     Extra Arches     Owner
>
> ----------------------- ----------------------- ----------------
> ---------------
> ScientificPython        f21                                      orphan
>

> Did I miss something so that is not fully retired yet?

Yes, definitely not blocked; --show-blocked should say [BLOCKED] in that
case.

Not sure what's going on. 'fedpkg retire' should have taken care of
blocking it in koji as well. Could you file a releng ticket so that the
releng people can figure out why it didn't get blocked, please?

https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/

And also maybe double-check anything else you might have retired recently...

Thanks,
Kalev