Fedora Ring 0 definition

Brendan Conoboy blc at redhat.com
Mon Sep 14 21:22:00 UTC 2015

On 09/07/2015 05:34 AM, Miroslav Suchý wrote:
> Dne 2.9.2015 v 20:59 Brendan Conoboy napsal(a):
>> 5. Ring membership is at the source package level, not the binary
>> package.  If one source package's binary/noarch sub-package is in ring
>> 0, all sub-packages are in ring 0.
>
> So we are going to include all those *-doc subpackages? And all languages bindings? E.g look at rpm subpackages.

Yes, this is a good question.  Per elsewhere in the thread, it may
make sense to have 2 composes: One for the bits that Requires can be
satisfied, a second that requires outer rings to satisfy.  It is a
little messy though, and will require a more nuanced expression of
rules for inputs and outputs.

--
Brendan Conoboy / RHEL Development Coordinator / Red Hat, Inc.