rpmbuild - empty RPMS directory

Jonathan Wakely jwakely at redhat.com
Tue Sep 15 21:52:47 UTC 2015

On 15/09/15 23:22 +0200, arnaud gaboury wrote:
>As for my first rpmbuild, it is the opportunity which make me do this
>build. I am a archlinux user running a Fedora nspawn container. The
>container has vocation to be a prod server for data computing with R.
>To speed R, I need to build it with Intel libs. So I must succeed. I
>am sure, as always, I am missing something obvious and simple.

I don't understand why this means you have to start with a complicated
spec file that you don't understand. Why can't you download an
existing srpm and build that, just to check rpmbuild works correctly?

Once you know the basics work, try something more complicated. You
don't need to go from 0% to 100% in a single step.