Disable PulseAudio flat volumes to prevent it from pushing volume level to max

kendell clark coffeekingms at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 22:51:53 UTC 2015

hi
The only negative issue, although to me it's more of an oh, that's right
moment, is that you can no longer adjust application volumes up beyond
the master volume, only down, but that's kind of the idea. I do suggest,
and I don't know how easy this would be to do, that sound application
settings, such as gnome's control center, display volumes as percentages
rather than arbitrary numbers. I'm smart enough to know that 65536 is
somewhat equal to sorry, you've reached max, you can't go further, but
to most people, they'll see taht and go huh? Mind you I'm blind, and
there might be a percentage hidden somewhere. This is the case with the
volume slider on the top bar, and I have to use orca's where am I
functionality to read it. I then get output that looks like, volume
slider 0.5 47 percent, as opposed to just volume slider 0.5.
Thanks
Kendell clark