[Fedora-packaging] RFC mass bug reporting: checksec failures

Florian Weimer fweimer at redhat.com
Fri Sep 18 08:36:03 UTC 2015

On 09/17/2015 12:53 PM, Alexander Todorov wrote:

> Is it realistic to request a RFE with this information stored in the
> compiled object and then be read by readelf ? If so I can file bugs in
> bugzilla.redhat.com or upstream .

elfutils would be a more likely choice to implement that tool.

Note that looking for DW_AT_producer is not a complete solution.  You
also need to check that the DWARF information covers all object code.
If you lose the hardening flags, it is quite likely that you lose -g and
-grecord-gcc-switches at the same time.  A simple grep on DWARF dumps
will not show that it is missing.