Announcing the release of Fedora 23 Beta!

Adam Williamson adamwill at fedoraproject.org
Tue Sep 22 22:14:00 UTC 2015

On Tue, 2015-09-22 at 18:21 +0100, Pádraig Brady wrote:
> On 22/09/15 18:02, Stephen Gallagher wrote:
> > On Tue, 2015-09-22 at 12:13 -0400, Eric Griffith wrote:
> > > Suggested way to upgrade from 22 to 23? Fresh install? Fedup?
> > > Change
> > > release ver  for dnf? Did the new dnf upgrade tool get packaged?
> >
> > `dnf install dnf-plugin-system-upgrade`
> > `dnf system-upgrade download --releasever=23`
> > `dnf system-upgrade reboot`
>
> I see the above has replaced fedup:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/DNF_System_Upgrades
>
> I just used dnf distro-sync as per:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Upgrading_Fedora_using_yum#Fedora_22_-
> .3E_Fedora_23
>
> This went fine, and I'm now typing this on F23 beta.
> What are the main advantages of system-upgrade?
> Should the above wiki mention the system-uprade instructions?

It does. There's a big yellow box at the top which says:

"Although upgrades with yum do work, they are not explicitly tested as
part of the release process by Fedora QA and are not documented in the
Fedora installation guide.  If you are not prepared to resolve issues
on your own if things break, you should probably use the recommended
installation methods instead."

Where 'recommended installation methods' is a link to
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Upgrading , which in turn points to
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DNF_system_upgrade .
--
Adam Williamson