Announcing the release of Fedora 23 Beta!

Adam Williamson adamwill at fedoraproject.org
Thu Sep 24 02:37:10 UTC 2015

On Wed, 2015-09-23 at 15:42 -0400, Eric Griffith wrote:
> Also is "--distro-sync --best" advised or not? The wiki only listed
> the
> first part of that command, not those two additional flags.

Well, last time I touched it, it recommended *trying* --best. You may
have been looking at the 'upgrading with yum' page, which has different
instructions.

--best will bail with a useful message if there are any updates
available that cannot be applied - say you have foo-1 installed, and
foo-2 is available, but can't be installed due to some dependency
problem, --best will bail and tell you why. Without --best the upgrade
will just leave 'foo' at 'foo-1' and proceed, without really telling
you.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey