F23 -> Rawhide upgrade fails to start GDM

Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek zbyszek at in.waw.pl
Mon Sep 28 12:47:33 UTC 2015

On Mon, Sep 28, 2015 at 08:37:58AM +0100, Richard Bradfield wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> This may have been an insane proposition, so I'm asking here before I go
> near bugzilla.
>
> I installed a clean F23 beta machine, then used dnf system upgrade to
> try and move up to Rawhide.
>
> When I rebooted the system, I got the 'Oh no! Something has gone wrong'
> screen, which repeats if I try and relaunch GDM.
>

> I have tried relabelling the filesystem.
>
> Is this an insane unsupportable upgrade path or could I have found an
> actual bug?
Those are not mutually exclusive options. This looks like a bug, but
fixing it will probably not be high priority when poeople are working
on F23 release.

> The only relevant error in the journal is:
> Glib: g_hash_table_find: assertion 'version == hash_table->version'
> failed
>
> Setting 'setenforce 0', or setting selinux to permissive in the config
> allows everything to work normally.
Have a look at https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SELinux/Troubleshooting
and read the part about dontaudit rules. If you don't see any avcs,
it might because of that.

Zbyszek