F22: Software for update

kendell clark coffeekingms at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 05:18:28 UTC 2015

hi

This brings up a very good point. Why wasn't some kind of user feedback
not developed for gnome 3.18? Now I am still waiting for gnome 3.18 to
hit arch, and my fedora rawhide instal doesn't have it yet, so this
could've been added, but I doubt it having checked the commit logs and
news files. I do remember that there was a metered network feature api
added to nm > 1.0, so it's now possible for us to at least attempt to
detect metered connections. For me, software isn't particular slow.
However, a progress bar at the very least would be nice. At present, all
I get is a spinner, followed by ether "looking for updates" "checking
for updates" or "downloading updates" followed by "panel Os updates
provide  important security ..." messages. I'm not complaining, just
pointing out that for a blind person, some kind of feedback would be
nice. It would also be nice for the "check for updates" button to
receive focus when the updates button is switched. At present you have
to know to press f10 to focus the ... is it a tool bar? and then press
enter on the check for updates button. I can't comment on windows 10, as
I don't use it. Last version I use is windows 7, and that only because
my wife uses it, and I have to maintain it. I somehow got drafted as the
tech support person.

Thanks

Kendell clark