<qandaset> list of questions not working

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Tue Apr 6 23:47:34 UTC 2004

The Fedora SELinux FAQ[1] is starting to get sizable, and messy without
a list of questions at the top.  I'm having trouble fixing this.

Our default XSL stylesheets for HTML (xsl/main-html.xsl,
xsl/html-common.xsl, and redhat.xsl) don't have a call to make the list
of questions for a FAQ written with <qandaset>[2].

It seemed straightforward to call qandaset.xsl[3], just as other
stylesheets are called in the Fedora docs XSL.  I have had no success,
in fact zero recognizable difference in the resulting document, with
these efforts:

* Tried importing, then tried including qandaset.xsl into main-html.xsl,
which is the main XSL called from the Makefile.

<xsl:import="/usr/share/sgml/docbook/xsl-stylesheets/html/qandaset.xsl"/>
... didn't work ...
<xsl:include="/usr/share/sgml/docbook/xsl-stylesheets/html/qandaset.xsl"/>
.... didn't work ...

* Under the heading <xsl:param name="generate.toc">, I tried adding
"qanda toc" and "qandaset toc", underneath the "section nop" in both
cases.  No luck there.  I didn't feel that this area of the XSL was
related to the solution, but I tried it anyway.

Any ideas?

- Karsten

[1]
http://people.redhat.com/kwade/fedora-docs/selinux-faq-en/
http://people.redhat.com/kwade/fedora-docs/selinux-faq/selinux-faq-en.xml

[2]
http://www.docbook.org/tdg/en/html/qandaset.html

[3]
/usr/share/sgml/docbook/xsl-stylesheets/html/qandaset.xsl
--
Karsten Wade, Sr. Tech Writer
this is not the .signature you are looking for