how to install Oracle 9i on Fedora Core 3 or greater.

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Tue Aug 23 13:22:50 UTC 2005

gaurav wrote:

> Hi ,
> Pl  find  Oracle 9i on Fedora Core 3 or greater  How to at Linux
> Documentation project
>   http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Oracle-9i-Fedora-3-Install-HOWTO/
> <http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Oracle-9i-Fedora-3-Install-HOWTO/>
>
> I hope people might find it useful as its general perception that
> Oracle  runs only certified RH products like RHEL,RAS etc

I noticed that. Congrats.

> Over all i find people at Linux Documentation project  much friendlier
> and open and easier to work with and also much larger scope
> I guess its better to submit  documentation directly to Linux
> Documentation Project and be as vendor neutral specific as possible

Right. Fedora documentation just like the whole of Fedora is exclusively
open source. While reviewing LDP documents I actively encourage them to
keep it distribution neutral as much as reasonably possible.  Your HOWTO
seem well suited for sites  like fedoranews.org.

regards
Rahul